At least 138 UK women are known or suspected to have been killed by men in 2015. 138 women dead in 365 days is one woman dead every 2.6 days.
- 6th January 2015: Natalia Czekaj, 34, was stabbed to death and almost decapitated by her boyfriend James Richardson, 34. He received a 6 year sentence for manslaughter.
- 9 January 2015: Tina Montgomery, 50, was beaten to death by her husband Iain Montgomery, 38. She died of multiple head injuries.
- 16 January 2015: Yvonne Davies, 46, was stabbed to death by her husband Andrew Davies, 45, who then hanged himself.
- 22 January 2015: Samantha Henderson, 25, was murdered by her boyfriend Dominic Isom, 27. She died as a result of multiple blunt force injuries to her head and neck, he wrapped her body in a children’s duvet and plastic sheet before dumping it in a lake and weighing it down with stone slabs. Her body was found 8 days later.
- 23 January 2015: Agnieszka Szefler, 27, was stabbed to death. Her boyfriend Mohammed Ali Abboud, 56, has been charged with her murder.
- 28 January 2015: Sophie McDonald, 28, was stabbed to death by her estranged husband James McDonald, 36.
- 30 January 2015: Emily Munemo, 42, was stabbed to death by her husband Gibson Mazikana, 41.
- 1 February 2015: Christina Randell, 51, was stabbed to death by her husband Deland Allman, 51.
- 1 February 2015: Joanne Harrison, 20, was stabbed to death by her boyfriend Christopher Foley, 23.
- 4 February 2015, Julie Semper, 47, was stabbed to death by her ex-boyfriend James McCarthy, 24.
- 9 February 2015: Linda Mills, 60, was killed by her husband, Raymond Mills, 65, using knives and a hammer.
- 13 February 2015: Zohra Amrani, 59, and her husband Hassan, 72, were found dead. Their son, Ashraf Amrani, 30, who fell to his death on Friday in a suspected suicide is thought to have killed them.
- 19 February 2015: Becky Watts was suffocated and chopped up by her stepbrother Nathan Matthews, 28. He was found guilty of her murder and sentenced to 33 years in prison. His girlfriend Shona Hoare to whom he was also abusive was jailed for 17 years for manslaughter.
- 22 February 2015: Pauline King, 78, was killed and sexual assaulted by burglar Alexander Kerry, 23.
- 23 February 2015: Tracey Goodwin, 56, was stabbed to death. Her partner, Ronald bacon has been charged with her murder.
- 23 February 2015: Pauline Carmichael, 61, was drowned and then thrown off a bridge by her partner’s son Alan Foster, 37.
- 26 February 2015: Lisa Winn, 45 was stabbed to death by her husband, Neil Winn, 50.
- 27 February 2015: Lindsay Hughes, 38, was killed through ‘blunt-force trauma to the face, head and torso, with compression of the neck’ by Peter Plant, 47.
- 28 February 2015: Kay Diamond, 44, was killed by force trauma to the head inflicted by her boyfriend Anthony Blye, 52, within 24-hours of him being released from prison for previous attacks on her. She had widespread bruising to her entire body including her head, neck and genital region. Her 16-year-old daughter Rachelle Owen killed herself two months later.
- 7 March 2015: Lucy Ayris, 25 was stabbed to death by her boyfriend, Billy White, 22.
- 7 March 2015: Alison Wilson, 36, was killed when Steven Duggan, 27, shoved a glass bottle in to her neck as she intervened to try to stop him assaulting another woman and abducting a child.
- 13 March 2015: Janet Muller, 21, was found dead in a burning car, she had died of smoke inhalation. Christopher Jeffrey-Shaw, 26, was charged with her murder.
- 15 March 2015: Melissa Liddle, 23, was stabbed to death by her partner Anthony Ross, 24.
- 16 March 2015: Charmaine Speirs/Adusah, 41, was found dead by hotel staff in Ghana on 20th Her husband Eris Adusah, 28, had checked out on 17th March and told staff not to disturb her. He was arrested and detained for her murder and later released without charge after trial.
- 25 March 2015: Sarah Pollock, 41, was strangled and stabbed by her ex-partner Colin Dymond, 52.
- 26 March 2015: Jill Goldsmith, 49, died of head injuries. Her husband Otis Goldsmith, 49, a police officer was charged with her murder.
- 29 March 2015: Amy Gough, 34, died several days after suffering stomach injuries inflicted by her partner Andrew Maling in March 2015. He was initially jailed for 10 years but this was extended to 15 years after an appeal against the unduly lenient sentence to rake account of his history of violence to Amy.
- 31 March 2016: Seeta Kaur, 33, a British national of Indian origin died in suspicious circumstances at the home of her husband and in-laws. Her family and Southall Black Sisters have launched a campaign for justice.
- 2 April 2015: Zaneta Balazova, 23, was found dead her partner Paval Cina, 25, has been charged with her murder.
- 9 April 2015: Cecilia Powell, 95, was killed by her son. David Powell, 73. She died of head injuries. He was found guilty of manslaughter.
- 9 April 2015: Marian Smith, 74, was stabbed to death. Her husband, John Smith, 87, has been charged with her murder.
- 11 April 2015: Violet Price, 80, from London, disappeared from her house in France. Her mutilated body was found in two locations some days later. Madi Mahaboubi, 32, her daughter-in-law’s brother who had a previous conviction for manslaughter, has been charged with her murder.
- 12 April 2015: Karen Buckley, 24, was bludgeoned to death with a spanner and strangled by Alexander Pacteau, 21. He attempted to dispose of her in a barrel of chemicals which he hid and locked in a storage unit in a farm. Her body was found some days later.
- 14 April 2015: Susan Davenport, 63, was stabbed to death by her husband Earnest Davenport, 64, who received a 6-year sentence for manslaughter.
- 14 April 2015: Sandra Thomas, 57, died of a head injury. Her son, David Love, 27, has been charged with her murder.
- 16 April 2015: Bernadette Fox, 57, was asphyxiated. Her daughter, Sarah Fox, was stabbed to death. Peter Fox, 6, Bernadette’s son and Sarah’s brother was sectioned following his arrest for their murders.
- 16 April 2015: Sarah Fox, 27, was stabbed to death. Her mother, Bernadette fox was asphyxiated. Bernadette’s son and Sarah’s brother was sectioned following his arrest for their murders.
- 17 April 2015: Aileen Bell, 60, was stabbed to death. Her partner Norman Forde, 72, has been charged with her murder.
- 18 April 2015: Frances Cleary-Senior, 49, died of pneumonia a month after being stabbed by her husband Graham Clearly-Senior, 56.
- 19 April 2015: Sheila Thompson, 88, w3as smothered by her husband Peter Thompson, 84. He then hanged himself.
- 21 April, Tracey Woodford, 47, was killed, dismembered and beheaded by Christopher May, 50, who used a saw, Stanley knife and secateurs and raped her dead body.
- 24 April 2015: Kellie Gillard, 25, died of a head injury caused by her partner James Tobin, 21.
- 28 April: Mariola Cudworth, 36, went missing from home. Her husband, Johnathon Cudworth was charged with her murder. Her body was found on 16th
- 3 May 2015: Anna Rosenberg, 43, was found dead following ”an incident”. A 50-year-old man was arrested.
- 3 May 2015 : Wendy Milligan, 46, was strangled to death by her boyfriend Gerrand Kavanagh, 44, who received a 6-year sentence for manslaughter.
- 5 May 2015: Gloria Perring, 76, was killed though stab wounds to her chest and slashes to her neck. Her 79 year-old husband was taken to hospital and later died of his injuries.
- 6 May 2015: Mahala Rhodes, 42, was stabbed to death. Malcolm Cromie, 44, was charged with her murder.
- 10 May 215: The body of Marta Ligman, 23, was found in a suitcase in a canal in London. Her boyfriend Thomasz Kocik, 38, has been charged with her murder.
- 10 May 2016: Jane McCartney, 59, was stabbed and then poisoned with carbon monoxide by her husband Graham McCartney who also killed himself.
- 11 May 2015: Emma Crowhurst, 36, was found injured after an attack on 26 April. She died in hospital two weeks later from a head injury. Police are looking for a man who was seen ‘arguing’ with her.
- 11 May 2015: Joanna Doman, 55, died of a head injury. Jesse Harper, 22, was charged with her murder.
- 12 May 2015: Shighi Kotuvala (also reported as Shigi Rethishkumar), 35, was found dead with her twin daugters Niya and Neya, 13. The had been strangled. Her husband, their father, Pullarkattil Rethishkumar was found hanged.
- Neya Rethishkumar, 13, was smothered with her twin sister Niya and mother Shighi, 35.
- Niya Rethishkumar, 13 was smothered with her twin sister Neya and mother Shighi, 35
- 14 May 2015: Grace Kissell, 33, was found dead. John Haugen, admitted murdering her by striking her on the head and body repeatedly with a knife.
- 23 May 2015: Jan Jordon, 48 was stabbed to death with her partner Phillip Howard and their 6-year-old daughter Derin. Her son Jed Allen killed himself after committing the three murders.
- 5 June 2015: Ramute Butkiene, 42, was strangled, dismembered and decapitated by her partner Vitautas Jokubauskas, 57. Her torso was found stuffed in a suitcase and her arms and legs were found buried in nearby wooded areas. Her head was thrown in to a river.
- 5 June 2015: Anne Dunkley, 67, died of head injuries. Her nephew, Gareth Emery, 24, has been charged with her murder.
- 11 June 2015: Phyllis Hayes, 65, was stabbed to death. Her son, Mark Hayes, 36, has been charged with her murder.
- 12 June 2015: Nazia Akhtar, 31, died after suffering extensive burns in a fire in April. Muhammad Hammad,30, has been charged with her murder.
- 14 June 2015: Nadia Khan, 24, was stabbed to death by her husband, Tariq Khan. He was also charged with child destruction as she was 6 months pregnant at the time of the attack.
- 14 June 2015: Jennifer Edwards, 45, was found dead at home. William Marshall, 42, has been charged with her murder.
- 15 June 2015: Maureen Postlethwaite, 80, was shot in the head by her husband Graham Postlethwaite who then shot himself.
- 18 June 2015; Stacey Henderson, 35, was stabbed to death by her husband Nigel Henderson, 52, who also killed himself.
- 19 June 2015: Rita Stephens, 67, was found dead. Her son, Mark Stephens, 43, has been charged with her murder.
- 20 June 2015: Jennifer Williams, 25, was stabbed to death. Stefan Mayne, has been charged with her murder.
- 21 June 2015, Amy Smith, 17 and her 6-month old daughter, Ruby-Grace and friend Edward Green, 17, died in a fire. Peter Eyre, 44 and his sons Anthony, 21 and Simon, 24 have been charged with murder.
- 23 June 2015: Anita Kapoor, 34, was found dead in a lay-by, she had been asphyxiated. Navin Mohan, 34, has been charged with her murder.
- 28 June 2015: Linda Norcup, 46 was strangled. Her brother Gareth Hindmarsh, 34, has been charged with her murder.
- 29 June 2015: Lisa Anthony, 47, and her daughter, 14-year-old Ava Anthony, were found dead after not having been seen since 17 June. Lisa had been strangled. They are believed to have been killed by Ava’s father Jonathan Anthony who was found dead in France.
- 29 June: Ava Anthony was found dead with her mother, Lisa Anthony, 47.
- 29 June 2015: Lorraine Barwell, 54, was attacked by Humphrey Burke, 24, a prisoner that she was escorting to court, she was kicked and stamped on. She died on 3 July after her life support machine was turned off.
- 3 July 2015: Laura Davies, 21, was stabbed to death. Her boyfriend, Jordan Taylor, 22, has been charged with her murder.
- 5 July 2015: Tracey Barker, 42, was killed through multiple head injuries inflicted by her husband Kevin Baker who also killed himself.
- 7 July 2015: Katherine Collard, died of smoke inhalation, as did her partner Erwin Albers, 62. It was deemed that the fire had been started deliberately, and although there was no definitive evidence to say who started the fire, police reported that said that Katherine had ‘run away’ from the property on numerous occasions. The court heard that an attending fireman found a clump of blonde hair in the fist of Albers upon pulling him out of the property but that this was blown away. A neighbour saw Katherine at the back bedroom window crying for help as the fire took hold.
- 8 July 2015: Florisse Corette, 81, was killed. Her son, Gilbert Corette, 45, has been charged with her murder.
- 14 July 2015: Jill Moon, 62, was killed in a fire in a hospice. Rodney Smith has been charged with arson with intent to endanger life.
- 17 July 2015: Isobel Parker, 23, known as Becky, was strangled. Matthew Smith, 23, was charged with her murder.
- 21 August 2015; Jourdain John-Baptiste, 22, died after ‘falling’ from the balcony of her flat. A neighbour said she had heard screaming for “about an hour.” She added: “I have never ever heard anyone scream like that before. Another neighbour said: “I could hear screams and cries from a few floors below me. I then heard a loud noise and looked outside to see a body lying on the grass.” A 24-year-old man, believed to be known to the woman, was arrested at the scene but was not charged. Police have continued to appeal for information about the incident.
- 22 July 2015: Gillian Phillips, 54, was killed through multiple stab wounds. Her partner was also killed through head injuries. Gillian’s son, Brett Rogers, 23, has been charged with their murders.
- 26 July 2015: Amal Abdi, 21, was stabbed to death. Abdi Rashsid Khadar, 21, has been charged with her murder.
- 27 July 2015: Jenny Foote, 38, was killed through a head injury. Michael Meanza, 47, who lived in the hostel where she worked has been charged with her murder.
- 28 July 2015: Miriam Nyazema, 35, was stabbed to death. Josphat Mutekedza, 35, has been charged with her murder.
- 30 July 2015: Denisa Silman, in her 20s has been killed though injuries to her head, upper body and chest. Alin Gabriel Apopei, 26, has been charged with her murder.
- 2 August 2015: Jennifer Dornan, 30, was found dead after a fire in her home. She had been stabbed to death before the fire started.
- 3 August: Jan Bennett, 67, from Bristol was found dead at her home in Bulgaria, she had been raped and murdered and then set on fire. Ivan Georgiev, 40, was charged with her murder and later killed himself in prison.
- 3 August: Laura Holden, 36, suffered head injuries and died as a result of drowning. Desmond Morris, 51, has been charged with her murder.
- 13 August 2015: Elife Bequ, 34, was found unconscious and later died, she had been strangled and also suffered bite marks to the back and a blunt force injury to the stomach. Her husband Agim Isaku, 40, was charged with her murder.
- 14 August 2015: Katelyn Parker, 24, was found strangled to death in the boot of a car. Lee Nolan, 48, was charged with her murder.
- 14 August 2015: Elizabeth Nnyanzi, 31, was found dead. Peter Kibisu, 23, was charged with her murder.
- 16 August 2015: Susan Whiting, 20, was drugged, raped and killed by blows to the head which fractured her skull inflicted by Steven Beards. Beards was convicted of murder and his wife was convicted of manslaughter.
- 28 August 2015: Wendy Mann, 26, was was strangled to death by her ex-partner, Leroy Sterling, 63.
- 28 August, 2015: Lauren Masters, 20, was stabbed to death. Paul Withers, 21, was charged with her murder.
- 29 August 2015: Samantha Ho, 39, was beheaded. Her husband Timothy Allen, 40, has been charged with her murder.
- 30 August 2015: Natalia Strelchechenko, 38, was found with head and neck injuries and died later in hospital. Her partner, John Martin, 48, was charged with her murder.
- 4 September 2015: Amelet Francis, 49, was killed after being hit on the head with a dumbbell. Her husband Francis Santhio, 53, was found guilty of her murder.
- 5 September 2015: Julie Collier, 55, was found dead. Her husband, Christopher Collier has been charged with her murder.
- 5 September 2015: Karen Reid, 53, was one of two people stabbed to death by Paul Mallin, 50.
- 6 September 2015: Petra Atkinson, 42, was found with serious injuries. Her partner Tony Jobbing, 51, has been charged with her murder.
- 10 September 2015: Anne-Marie Cropper, 47, was found dead with head, neck and chest injuries. Her partner Ian Gordon, 51, has been charged with her murder.
- 11 September 2015: Nadia Jones, 38, was beaten and strangled by Kial Ahmed, 34, who was found guilty of her murder. Roxanne Deacon, 26, was also charged with manslaughter.
- 14 September 2015: Nicola Cross, 37, was stabbed to death. Marcin Porczynski, 25, was charged with her murder, plus two counts of kidnap and a burglary at a neighbouring property.
- 20 September 2015: Shelley Saxton-Copper, 45, and her husband Simon Saxton-Cooper, 50, were found dead after an explosion in their home. She had been stabbed before the explosion.
- 23 September 2015: Sarrah Garba, 27, was found dead. Edwyn Gyeke, 29, has been charged with her murder.
- 24 September 2015: Jourdain John-Baptiste, 22, fell to her death from a fourth-floor window. Neighbours reported hearing her screaming for an hour beforehand.
- 28 September 2015: Maxine Showers, was found dead in an alleyway with a head injury. Michael Williams, 29, has been charged with her murder.
- 30 September 2015: Helen Lancaster, 54, was killed through blunt force trauma injury to the head. Her husband David Lancaster, 59, has been charged with her murder.
- 6 October 2015: Malgorzata Marczak, 29, was found dead along with her 21-year-old partner Daniel Fedec. Police said that they were treating her death as murder.
- 8 October 2015: Usha Patel, 44, was found strangled in her home. Miles Donnelley, 34, has been charged with her murder.
- 27 October 2015: Kimberley McKenzie, 37, was murdered by her former partner Steven Jackson, 41. He battered and stabbed her before cutting up her body in a bathtub. She sustained at least 11 blows to the head and was stabbed more than 40 times. Parts of Kimberley’s body were found in four bins in the local area and other remaining parts were found in a rucksack and a suitcase in a shower cubicle.
- 28 October 2015: Leighanne Cameron, 29, was found dead by police after reports of a disturbance at her home. Her husband, Erhan Havaleoglu, 35, from whom she was recently separated, has been charged with her murder.
- 29 October 2015: Imelda Molina, 49, was stabbed to death. Her lodger Michael Purcell, 53, was found guilty of her murder.
- In October 2015, Victoria Cherry, 44, was last seen alive. Her body was discovered in January 2017, 3 months after her family had files a missing person report. The pathologist concluded that she might have died of strangulation as injuries could be detected to her neck. Her post mortem also found injuries to her left cheek, nose and larynx but due to the highly decomposed nature of her body it was not possible to establish whether or not they were related to her death. Her ex-boyfriend, Colin Reade, 43, was found guilty of concealing a death and preventing a burial. He was sentenced to 4 years and 4 months.
- 5 November 2015: Kerry Reeves, 26, was shot in the head. Billy Johnson, 20 and Charles Noble, 20, were charged with her murder.
- 7 November 2015: Christine Tunnicliffe-Massey, 57, was stabbed to death and found dead with her husband Raymond Massey,67.
- 11 November 2015: Bianca Shepherd, 58, was found dead., her housemate Emmanuel Willems pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
- 12 November 2015: Barbara Barniecka, 43, was found dead. Her partner Cezary Sobiewski, 40, has been charged with her murder.
- 13 November 2015: Kayleigh Haywood, 15, was found dead in a field after a missing person search. Stephen Beadman, 28, was charged with rape and murder; and Luke Harlow, 27, was charged with grooming and two counts of sexual activity with a child.
- 16 November 2015: Susan Mitchelson, 45 was killed. A 16-year-old male has been charged with her murder.
- 19 November 2015: Kelly Pearce, 36, died after being found with a serious neck injury. Anthony Ayres,48, has been charged with her murder. Ayres had murdered a previous partner, Dawn Wisdom, 30, in 1993 after she had tried to end their relationship.
- 19 November 2015: Jean Robertson, 85, was found dead. Stuart Lay, 44, has been charged with her murder.
- 20 November 2016: Wendy Goodman, 48, was found dead with head injuries. Paul Wilson, 55, was found dead outside the property, his injuries consistent with a fall from height. The police are not looking for anyone else.
- 21 November 2015: Josephine Williamson, 83 was pushed down the stairs and strangled. Her 88-year-old husband, Philip Williamson, was detained in hospital in Oxford and is in technical police custody in relation to her death.
- 28 November 2015: Sian Roberts, 36, was stabbed to death. Glynn Williams, 52, has been charged with her murder.
- 2 December 2015: Hilda Mary Oakland, 71, was found dead in vehicle abandoned in a field. Charles Broom, 66, has been charged with her murder.
- 2 December 2015: Ravinder Jutla, 43, was found dead after suffering three stab wounds to the neck and blunt force trauma to the head, likely to be caused by an iron found near her body. Her partner Alex Springer, 49, has been charged with her murder.
- 11 December 2015: Jackie Abbott, 54, was found with head injuries and pronounced dead a short time later. Her husband Paul Abbott, 56, has been charged with her murder.
- 12 December 2015: Lija Aroustamova, 52, was found dead. Her son, Victor Aroustamov, 25, was charged with her murder.
- 12 December 2015: Mumtaz Member, 56, was found dead. Her sons Mohammed Member, 25, Shafiq Member, 29, and a woman, Fatima Patel, 27, have been charged with her murder.
- 13 December 2015: Sian Blake, 43, and her two children aged 8 and 4, went missing. Their bodies were found buried in their garden three weeks later. They had died of neck and head injuries. Sian’s partner, the children’s father, Arthur Simpson-Kent, 48. Has been charged with their murders.
- 18 December: Kathleen Griffin, 57, was stabbed to death. Scott Hilling, 25, has been charged with her murder.
- 20 December 2015: Mambero Ghebreflafie, 22, was found dead. Her partner Tedros Kahssay, 26, was charged with her murder.
- 23 December 2015: Daria Pionka, 21, was discovered seriously injured and later died in hospital. She had been found in a defined ‘managed prostitution’ area. Lewis Pierre, 24, was charged with her murder, robbery and rape.
- 24 December 2015: Katie Locke, 23, was found dead. Carl Langdell, 26, described as a ‘date she had met 24-hours earlier’ has been charged with her murder.
- 27 December 2015: Delyth Andrews, 54, died in hospital after being attacked by Scott Knight, 23, Adam Knight, 20 and Joshua Knight 19 on 17 November,
- 28 December 2015: Rita King, 81, was shot in the head. Her 86-year-old husband Ronald King, has been charged with her murder.
- 30 December 2015: Marjorie Elphick, 83, was found dead. Edgar Fairhurst, 73, has been charged with her murder. Police have described her killing as ‘domestic related’.
- 30 December 2015: Katy Rourke, 25, was found dead. Gary Stevenson, 26, has been charged with her murder after allegedly detaining her against her will and stabbing and slashing her to death when she declined his sexual advances.
12 UK women killed by Seifeddine Rezgui, 28, in Sousse on 26 June
- Angie Fisher, 69
- Ann McQuire, 63
- Carly Lovett, 24
- Claire Windass, 54
- Eileen Swannack, 73
- Elaine Thwaites, 69
- Janet Stocker, 63
- Lisa Burbridge, 60s
- Lisa Graham, 50
- Sharon Bell,
- Sue Davey, 43
- Trudy Jones, 51
Plus 18 men.
Last updated 26 July 2017
Pingback: Justice For Women Is Key To Ending Violence - LadsFadsLadsFads
Pingback: Aurora » We Still Need the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women. Here’s Why.
Pingback: days as dark as nights – domestic violence in New Zealand. – The Weaving House
No. 120 – Mumtaz Member – all charges were dropped. A £10,000 reward has been offered Dec 2016 for inf leading to …
Pingback: Ending Violence Against Women And Girls: If Not Today, When? | News Outlet
Pingback: Ending Violence Against Women And Girls: If Not Today, When? | Dailynewstimes
Pingback: Ending Violence Against Women And Girls: If Not Today, When? « CauseHub
Pingback: Ending Violence Against Women And Girls: If Not Today, When? | - Women Health Magazine -
Pingback: Ending Violence Against Women And Girls: If Not Today, When? | Auto Test 2
Pingback: Ending Violence Against Women And Girls: If Not Today, When?
Pingback: Ending Violence Against Women And Girls: If Not Today, When? | Politic Portal
Pingback: Ending Violence Against Women And Girls: If Not Today, When? - Democratsnewz
Pingback: Ending Violence Against Women And Girls: If Not Today, When? – Nigeria Daily News
Pingback: Ending Violence Against Women And Girls: If Not Today, When? | BuzzJour
Pingback: Ending violence against girls: if not today, when? - Democratsnewz
Is there a list for 2016 too? I want to work on that data in class. Thanks
Pingback: The War Against Women and Girls in the UK - Deep Green Resistance UK
Pingback: How would Jeremy Corbyn pay for his spending pledges? – Hub Politic
Pingback: Owen Smith vs Jeremy Corbyn: play along with Labour leadership debate bingo – Hub Politic
Pingback: The reporting of India Chipchase’s murder shows the true extent of Britain’s rape culture – Hub Politic
Pingback: Look At Me! Don’t Look At Me! | Born Not Made
Laura El-hagrasi disappear at April 2015. So far from info at Internet we know that she and hers husband and kids were on they way to airport…. She never turn up at airport. She is still missing.
Thank you for letting me know.
The woman as yet unamed who was killed on 30th December was my aunt, Marjorie Elphick. She was named in the press the day after Edgar Fairhurst was charged.
Stephanie, I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for letting me know. I’ll add her name. My thoughts and condolences to you and your family.
Pingback: In 2016 I will exclusively read books by women – here’s why | Sister Outrider
Daria Pionko, a Polish prostitute living in Leeds, murdered on Wednesday 23rd December.
Thanks Karen for shedding light on such an important failiure of modern society. Here in Italy we have similar numbers. Between 2002 and 2012, 2200 women have been killed (fonte: EURES) ,of which 75% by family members. The data for 2014 amounts to “just” 152. Strong public campaigns have been undertaken over the last 2 years and support for domestic violence victims reinforced, but with diabolic misogynist messages spouted by the media it still seems an uphill battle. Keep up the good work, informed is forearmed…
Thank you and the same to you sister
Pingback: Counting Dead Women puts names and faces to murdered domestic violence victims - Use It DoUse It Do
Pingback: Counting Dead Women puts names and faces to murdered domestic violence victims | metroless
Pingback: Trans Day of Remembrance: A state of emergency? | The Knowledge
Pingback: Julian Norman: Yes, We Still Need Feminism in 2015 | women times
Pingback: Dapper Jack - Butterflies and Wheels
Do you take submissions from people finding cases in local papers? I’ve seen several incidents this year in Thanet specifically linked to ex-partners.
Absolutely yes, I do. I really appreciate it when people let me know about any case of UK woman who has been killed by a man. It’s extremely helpful.
Hi Karen, I found another one from September
Thank you for letting me know.
Pingback: There’s no way to defend the Jack the Ripper museum while women are still being murdered by men | Sian Norris - News-9.comNews-9.com
Thank you so much for your list. I was wondering if you had any idea how many were/had been in the family court process? I’m interested in the access abusers are granted to their victims via their visitation rights for children.
The courts don’t seem to see documented “aggressive” men as a threat until it’s too late and ignore all the red flags that could protect women and children.
Please carry on the good work! I have no idea how you do it! It must take a lot of research! Sadly these are not concidered front page news and so their stories would be overlooked without you!
I agree, that would be interesting but I’ve no idea I’m afraid. One of the things I hope is that by having the names together, others will be able to pick them up and do research into their fields of interest. There’s so much in there that we could potentially learn from.
Pingback: The Femicide Census | Bristol Woman
Pingback: The Femicide Census & @10womeneveryweek, statistics that need to end. | Margot McCuaig
for a third of the population, Australia is already at a similar count this year.
you are doing an important job. it must be hard x
Thank you, yes and no. Hard but desire to do it is stronger.
This is a very fitting tribute. Respectfully done. Vibrant as they were…. Not ‘victims’. Police often arrest women when they do fight back (increasingly) just adding to the misogynistic mess. They don’t take it seriously. That needs to change.