At least 117 UK women have been killed by men (or where a man is the principal suspect) in 2019.
- 1 January 2019: Charlotte Huggins, 33 was stabbed in the early hours of New Year’s Day in London by her ex-partner Michael Rolle, 34.
- 1 January 2019: Jay Edmunds, 27, was killed in a house fire in Kirton, Lincolnshire, which was deliberately started by her ex-partner Ashley Martin, 32. Martin was also one of three people left dead.
- 4 January 2019: Simbiso Aretha Moula, 39, was found dead with her husband Garikayi Moula, 51 in Rainham, Essex. Police believe she was strangled by him after which he hanged himself.
- 5 January 2019: Sarah Ashraf, 35, was found dead at home in London. Her brother, Khalid Ashraf, 32, has been charged with her murder.
- 9 January 2020: Tracey Lovell, 44, from Cornwall, was shot dead by her partner Tom Bailey, 60, just weeks after moving to Texas, USA, to be with him.
- 11 January 2019: Asma Begum, 31, was stabbed more than 60 times, mainly in her head and neck by her husband Jalal Uddin, 46, in their home in East London.
- 13 January 2019: Luz Margory Isaza Villegas, 50, strangled by her husband Rodrigo Tascon, 55. Her shoved her body into a suitcase and set charred remains in a shallow grave in Hertfordshire.
- 14 January 2019: Leanne Unsworth, 40, died of head injuries inflicted by Shaun Sanders, 39, in Lancashire.
- 15 January 2019: Christy Walshe, 40, was shot in the face at point-blank range by her partner Michael Strudwick, 33, in Southend, Essex.
- 16 January 2019: Alison Hunt, 42, was stabbed 18 times on the doorstep of her home in Swinton by her ex-partner Vernon Holmes, 47.
- 16 January 2019: Susan Waring, 45, from Darwen, Lancashire, was last seen alive in January 2019. In April 2020, Alan Edwards, 47, was charged with her murder. Susan’s body has not been found. Edwards was also charged with 21 other counts of violent and sexual offences including 12 counts of assault and 4 counts of rape. The alleged attacks were on three women and a girl between 1998 and 2019.
- 22 January 2019: Mary Annie Sowerby, 69, known as Annie, was stabbed repeatedly in her chest and neck by her son, Lee Sowerby, 40, as she sat watching TV in her home in Cumbria.
- 23 January 2019: Julie Webb, 44, was found with serious head injuries in a house in Birmingham and died in hospital the next day. Darren Constantine, 37, was arrested at the time but not charged until February 2020.
- 27 January 2019: Margaret Smyth, 29, known as Maggie, was missing for six days before police found parts of her body under rubble at a former pub in Bolton where her ex-partner Christopher Taylor, 39, had been working. Her leg was found in a park by a dog walker, her head has not been found.
- 1 February 2019: Mary Page, 68, was kicked and punched by her son, Mathew Page, 40, before he killed her by hitting her over the head with a bedside table at her home in Wolverhampton. He made a plea of manslaughter due to diminished responsibility and was jailed for 6-years.
- 1 February 2019: Libby Squire, 21, disappeared after a night out in Hull, her body was found in the Humber estuary 7-weeks later. Pawel Relowicz, 25, with rape and murder in October.
- 1-2 February 2019: Antoinette Donnegan, 52, was found strangled in a flat in London on 7 March but it is believed she had been killed 5 weeks before. A post-mortem found she had seven broken ribs, a deep gash to her head, and had been strangled by clothing. Kristian Smith, 41, has been charged with her murder.
- 7 February 2019: Rosie Derbyshire, 27, was found dead in the street in Preston, Lancashire with serious head injuries. Benjamin Topping, 25, said to be her boyfriend, has been charged with her murder.
- 8 February 2019: Aliny Mendes, 39, was stabbed multiple times in the street by her ex-husband Ricardo Godinho, 41, as she went to collect her children from school in Surrey.
- 11 February 2019: Sarah Henshaw, 40, was attacked with a hammer and then strangled with a vacuum cord whilst in bed in her home in Leeds, by her ex-partner Kileo Mbega, 32.
- 14 February 2019: Dorothy Bowyer, 77, was stabbed to death by her grandson William Blundson, 23, in Derbyshire.
- 15 February 2019: A 73-year old woman who has not yet been named died 11 days after being mugged in Birmingham. A 15-year-old boy who cannot be named for legal reasons has been charged. Two other women were also attacked.
- 25 February 2019: Jodi Miller, 21, was kicked and stabbed by Kahar Ali, 29, who had repeatedly accosted her and demanded to pay her for sex which she refused, in Leeds.
- 1 March 2019: Jodie Chesney, 17, was stabbed in the back whilst walking through a park with friends in East London. Svenson Ong-a-Kwie, 19, has been charged with murder, along with Manuel Petrovic, 20 and two other males aged 16 and 17.
- 2 March 2019: Elize Stevens, 50, was stabbed 86 times in London, by her partner, Ian Levy, 54, who claimed that he feared she would leave him.
- 6 March 2019: Laureline Garcia-Bertaux, 34, was found naked, wrapped in bin-bags in a shallow grave in her garden in west London. She had been strangled by her ex-boyfriend Kirill Belorusov, 32.
- 7 March 2019: Giselle Marimon-Herrera, 37 and her 15-year-old daughter Allison, were found dead. Police have said that Allison was strangled and there was a “strong possibility” her mother had died in the same way. Russell Steele, 38, said to be Giselle’s partner is believed to killed them before hanging himself.
- 7 March 2019: (see above) Allison Marimon-Herrera, 15 and her 37-year-old mother, Giselle, were found dead. Police have said that Allison was strangled and there was a “strong possibility” her mother had died in the same way. Russell Steele, 38, said to be Giselle’s partner is believed to killed them before hanging himself.
- 9 March 2019: Lalal Kamara, 26, was found dead in a flat in Denton, Greater Manchester. Mustapha Dia, 21, has been charged with her murder.
- 10 March 2019: Alice Morrow, 53, was found dead following an assault in Belfast. William Hutchinson, 42, has been charged with her murder.
- 17 March 2019: Rachel Evans, 46, was stabbed or slashed more than 100 times by her ex-partner, with whom she had recently ended their relationship, Carl Harrison, 42, in Liverpool.
- 20 March 2019: Alison McKenzie, 55, was killed by her son, Ian McKenzie, 34, in Middleborough. She had seven stab wounds to her head and neck and jugular vein, and three further punctures to her face and bruises to her head and body.
- 22 March 2019: Janette Dunbavand, 81, and her husband John Dunbavand, 81, were found dead in their home. It is believed that he shot her before shooting himself.
- 27 March 2019: Barbara Heywood, 80, was stabbed to death at her home in Manchester. Her 88-year-old husband Arthur Haywood was arrested on suspicion of her murder and later detained under the Mental Health Act.
- 2 April 2019: Paula Meadows, 83, was found dead at home. Her 84-year-old husband, Tony Meadows is believed to have killed her before killing himself.
- 9 April 2019: Anna Reed, 22, from Harrogate, North Yorkshire, was found dead in Switzerland, A most mortem revealed that she died from asphyxiation and had small fractures and cuts on her body. Her boyfriend Marc Schatzle, 29, has been charged with her murder.
- 17 April 2019: Sarah Fuller, 35, was been strangled to death by her partner Jason Carr, 35 in Exeter.
- 20 April 2019: Megan Newton, 18, was found dead in a property in Stoke-on-trent. Joseph Trevor, 18, has been charged with her murder.
- 21 April 2019: Leah Fray, 27, was found dead in a burning flat in Leicester. Curtis Moyse, 18, has been charged with murder, rape and arson.
- 23 April 2019: Siama Riaz, 33, was found dead after police were called to attend to a stabbing in Rochdale. Mohammed Choudhry, 36, has been charged with murder.
- 23 April 2019: Sammy-Lee Lodwig, 22, was found stabbed with cuts to her throat, forehead and chest in Swansea. Her ‘boyfriend’ Jason Farrell, 49, who had previously been in a relationship with her mother, had tied her up on the bed before killing her.
- 26 April 2019: Amy Parsons, 35, was bludgeoned to death with a metal bar whilst in the shower causing horrific injuries to her head, face and brain by her trans partner, Roderick Deakin-White, 37, who sometimes called himself Jane.
- 29 April 2019: Emma Faulds, 39, was last seen alive. Ross Willox, 40, was charged with her murder on 10 May. Her body was found on 12 June.
- 30 April 2019: Lauren Griffiths, 21, was found dead in her flat in Cardiff. In October 2019, Madog Rowlands, 22, was charged with her murder.
- 3 May 2019: Ellie Gould, 17, was stabbed to death by school friend Thomas Griffiths, 17, in Wiltshire, after refusing to be his girlfriend.
- 6 May 219: Joanne Hamer, 48, was found dead at home in Lincolnshire when police attended due to fears for her safety. Her husband Ian Hamer, 53, has been charged with her murder.
- 10 May 2019: Mavis Long, 77, died in hospital. Her husband Frank Long, 80, was found guilty of her murder. Her had strangled her.
- 12 May 2019: Julia Rawson, 42, was last seen alive, her remains were found a month later in Tipton, W.Midlands; she was identified by her dental records and DNA. Nathan Maynard-Ellis, 28, and David Leesley, 23 have been charged in relation to her murder.
- 20 May 2019: Tatiana Koudriavtsev, 68 and 69-year-old husband were stabbed to death by their son Sergey Koudriavtsev, 48, in London.
- 24 May 2019: Jayde Hall, 26, was stabbed to death by 46-year-old Carl Scott, in Stoke-on-Trent, just days after ending her relationship with him.
- 27 May 2019: Elizabeth McShane, 39, was found dead with her partner Hugh Sinclair, 33 in a flat in Glasgow. Police are treating their deaths as murder-suicide.
- 29 May 2019: Linda Treeby, 64, was found with serious head injuries after emergency services were called to a caravan site on the coast of Lincolnshire, but she died shortly afterwards. Her partner Andrew Highton, 50, has been charged with her murder.
- 5 June 2019: Regan Tierney, 27, was found stabbed to death in Salford. Her ex-partner, Daniel Patten, 31, who is suspected of having killed her died in hospital.
- 7 June 2019: Paige Gibson, 23, was stabbed to death in Halifax, W. Yorkshire by a 16-year-old male who cannot be named for legal reasons. He has been found guilty of her murder and jailed for 16 years.
- 9 June 2018: Neomi Smith, 23, was stabbed to death in Aberdeen. Keith Rizzo, 23, is alleged to have forced entry into her home, compressed her neck and then repeatedly struck her on the head and body with knives. He faces a separate charge of an earlier assault to her and allegations involving four other women – three described as ex-partners.
- 17 June 2019: Safie Xheta, 35, was killed by knife wounds to the neck. Her husband Fatos Xheta, 45, was treated for injuries and later charged with her murder. They lived in Oxford.
- 20 June 2019: Valerie Richardson, 49, was violently killed in her home in Fife by Ross Thom, 39, said to be a friend of hers, who then killed himself.
- 24 June 2018: Lucy Rushton, 30, was found with multiple injuries on 23 June and died the following day in Andover. Her estranged husband Shaun Dyson, 28, has been charged with her murder.
- 29 June 2019: Kelly Fauvrelle, 26, was stabbed at home in an attack that also killed her unborn baby. Her ex-partner Aaron McKenzie, 25, has accepted responsibility for their deaths.
- 1 July 2019: Joanna Thompson, 50, died after suffering neck injuries at her home, a teenage male was arrested and later detained under the Mental Health Act.
- 2 July 2019: Ligita Kostiajeviene, 42, died of severe head injuries following an armed siege at a house in Peterborough. Another woman and a child were injured in the attack. Andriejus Kostiajevas, 46, has been charged with murder, attempted murder, assault causing grievous bodily harm and assault on an emergency worker.
- 11 July 2019: Lesley Pearson, 74, was last seen alive. She was found dead in a shallow grave near her home in Spain on 22 July. Handyman/gardener Francisco Becerra, 45 has been charged with her murder.
- 11 July 2019: Carol Milne, 59, was found dead in her home in Aberdeen. Her 24-year-old son has been charged in relation to her death.
- 12 July 2019: Layla Arezo, 74, and her husband Akbar Arezo, 64, were stabbed to death in their home in South West London. Their son Mustafa Arezo, 31, has been charged with their murders.
- 15 July 2019: Doreen Virgo, 89, was found dead in a care home in Norfolk; she died of compression to the neck. Her husband Michael Virgo, 81, has been charged in relation to her death.
- 18 July 2019: Diane Dyer, 61, died of blunt force injury to the neck and face in South West London. David McCorkell, 54, has been charged with her murder.
- 21 July 2019: Kayleigh Hanks, 29, was strangled to death in her home in East Sussex. Ian Paton, 36, has been charged with her murder.
- 30 July 2019: Kelly-Anne Case, 27, was found dead after a fire at her home. Brendan Rowan-Davies, 28, has been charged with her murder.
- 3 August 2019: Dorothy Woolmer, 89, was raped and murdered in London. She died of multiple blunt force injuries. Reece Dempster, 22, has been charged with murder, rape, burglary, and two counts of sexual assault.
- 5 August 2019: Dr Leela (Premm) Monti, 51, and her partner Robert Tully, 71, were found dead in the home in Lincolnshire. Her son, Andrei-Mihai Simion Muntean, 22, has been charged in relation to the deaths.
- 6 August 2019: Natalie Critchlow, 44, of north London, died of an infection after being in a fire in a family home in Barbados. Investigations are on-going.
- 12 August 2019: Lindsey Birbeck, 47, was last seen alive. She was found dead in a graveyard in Lancashire on 22 August, she had been strangled. A 16-year-old male has been charged in relation to her death.
- 17 August 2019: Belinda Rose, 63, a care worker was stabbed to death in Birmingham in a property in which she provided support to residents. Inderjit Ram, 52, has been charged with her murder.
- 17 August 2019: Pamela Mellor, 55, was found dead in a house in Handforth, Cheshire. Mathew Bolland, 43, has been charged with her murder.
- 19 August 2019: Linda Vilika, 41, was stabbed to death in Essex. Wilfred Jacob, 42, has been charged with her murder.
- 25 August 2019: Michelle Pearson, 36, died of injuries from an arson attack at her home in Salford in December 2017. The attack had killed four of her children. Zak Bolland and David Worral had both been given four life sentences for the children’s murders in May 2018.
- 26 August 2019: Rebecca Simpson, 30, died in hospital after being found with serious head injuries in Castelford, W,Yorkshire. Ricky Knott, 32, has been charged with her murder.
- 29 August 2019: Alice Farquharson, 56, was found dead at her home in Aberdeen. Her husband, Keith Farquharson, 60, has been charged In relation to her death.
- 29 August 2019: Laura Rakstelyte, 31, was stabbed to death in the neck and chest in London. Her ex-boyfriend Rahul Malhi, 43, then fatally stabbed himself.
- 31 August 2019: Sandra Samuels, 44, was found dead in Hackey, London. Gavin Lewis, 40, has been charged with her murder.
- 1 September 2019: Janet Lewis, 77, was stabbed and clubbed as she slept at her home in Essex. She managed to get into the hallway before she was stabbed again and her carotoid artery was severed. Her husband of 60-years, Robert Lewis, 80 has been charged with her murder.
- 6 September 2019: Marlene McCabe, 71, had suffered serious head and face injuries before she was found dead in her home in Blackpool. Conor Clarkson, 25, has been charged with her murder.
- 11 September 2019: Lana Nemceva, 33, was found dead with her husband Kirils Nemcevs, 31, in the home in Burton, Staffordshire. Police are treating her death as murder and his as suicide.
- 12 September 2019: Bethany Fields, 21, was stabbed multiple times in the street in Huddersfield. Paul Crowther, 35, has been sent to a secure hospital in relation to his role in her death.
- 18 September 2019: Serafima Mashaka, 58, was killed in Ealing, W.London. Armen Aristakesyan, 41, has been charged with murder.
- 19 September 2019: Vera Hudson, 57, murdered by Mark Jewitt, 25.
- 19 September 2019: Keely Bunker, 20, was found dead in woodland in Tamworth, Staffordshire. Wesley Streete, 19, has been charged with her murder.
- 21 September 2019: Christina Ortiz-Lozano, 28, had suffered multiple stab wounds before being found dead at home in Southampton. Abdelaziz El Yechioui Ourzat, 29, has been charged with her murder.
- 24 September 2019: Emily Goodman, 42, was found dead with an ‘incised’ wound and other neck injuries by police investigating the death of a Rashid Hussain, 37, who had fallen from the 14th floor of a block of flats in Oxford. The police are not looking for anyone else in relation to Emily’s death.
- 24 September 2019: Katrina Fletcher, 64, was killed by her partner Paul Webster, 62. He had a history of convictions for violence against her.
- 27 September 2019: Margaret Robertson, 54, also known as Meg, was found dead at home in Aberdeen. Norman Duncan, 40, has been charged with her murder.
- 2 October 2019: Arlene Williams, 46, was found stabbed to death at her home in Enfield, London. Her son, Criston Preddie, 28, has been charged in relation to her death.
- 6 October 2019: Sarah Hassall, 38, was found dead in house in Pontypridd, Wales. Brian Manship, 37, has been charged with her murder.
- 8 October 2019: Suvekshya Burathoki, 32, known as Fatima, was found dead having suffered multiple stab wounds at her home in Leicester. Hafiz Sharifi, 29, has been charged with her murder.
- 10 October 2019: Niyat Berhane Teklemariam, 21, was found dead with a neck wound after police were called to in a property in N. London. Amanuel Amahatsion,38, died in a central London tube station. Police are treating the two deaths as linked and his death is believed to be suicide.
- 10 October 2019: Lesley Spearing, 55, was stabbed at her home in Rainham, East London. Her son, Jamie Burnett, 27, has been held in relation to her death.
- 21 October 2019: Zoe Orton, 46, was found dead at her home in London. Police believe she may have been dead for a month and that she was strangled. Police are appealing for witnesses.
- 25 October 2019: Annie Temple, 97, was found dead in her bed. Although she had been killed by blunt force trauma to her head and body, and her airways had been obstructed and constricted, police did not initially recognise her death as suspicious. 3 weeks later, Sandeep Patel, 38, the son of her late GP, was charged in relation to her death. He was found guilty of defrauding her and in 2021, of her murder.
- 26 October 2019: Beatrice Yankson, 59, died of burns and inhalation of fire/fumes in a fire at her home in London. Her son Joel Ellis, 35, has been charged with her murder.
- 3 November 2019: Levi Ogden, 26, was attacked and fatally injured in a street in Halifax, W. Yorkshire. Lloyd Birkby, 26, reported to be her boyfriend, has been charged with her murder.
- 9 November 2019: Tsegereda Gebremariam, 29, was stabbed to death. It is believed she was murdered by Michael Tesfamariam, 28, who also killed himself.
- 13 November 2019: Nicola Stevenson, 39, was found dead in a wheelie bin in Lewes, E. Sussex. She had suffered blunt force injury to her head. It is thought her body may have been undiscovered for up to a month.
- 13 November 2019: Mandeep Singh, 39, was found dead in a house in Nottingham alongside Kulvinder Singh, 57.
- 21 November 2019: Alison McBlaine, was stuck by a car that mounted a pavement. Four males have been charged in relations to her death: John Chatwood, 25, Dean Qayum, 20; Kaylib Connolly, 18; and a boy of 16 who cannot be named for legal reasons.
- 27 November 2019: Katy Sprague, 51, was found dead in Cambridgeshire, it is believed she was killed through compression to her neck. Zac Jackson, 36, has been charged with her murder.
- 27 November 2019: Saskia Jones, 23, was killed by Usman Khan, 28, in an attack identified as related to terrorism in which a man was also killed as well as the perpetrator.
- 12 December 2019: Lindsay de Feliz, 64, from Cambridgeshire but living in the Dominican Republic was found buried in a shallow grave with a plastic bag over her head. She had been strangled. Her husband, Danilo Feliz, his two sons from a previous relationship and a fourth man have been detained in relation to her murder.
- 15 December 2019: Marion Price, 63, was found dead in her car, she had been shot. Her estranged husband, Michael Reader, 69, has been charged with her murder. A second man, Stephen Welch, 60,has also been charged.
- 16 December 2019: Jolanta Jacubowska, 50, was stabbed to death in Watford. A 17-year-old male who has not been named has been charged in relation to her death.
- 17 December 2019: Kayleigh Dunning, 32, was found dead in Portsmouth. Mark Brandford, 48, has been charged with her murder.
- 18 December 2019: Nelly Myers, 58, was found dead in Sussex. Jayesh Gobar, 35, has been charged with her murder.
- 19 December 2019: Angela Tarver, 86, was described as having been almost decapitated. Her husband and son were arrested on suspicion of murder. One has been released from custody and is being spoken to as a witness, and another is being detained the Mental Health Act.
- 22 December 2019: Amy Appleton, 32, was beaten to death in the street in Sussex. Her attacker also killed Sandra Seagrove, 76, who tried to help her. Daniel Appleton, Amy’s husband, has been charged with their murders.
- 22 December 2019: Sandra Seagrove, 76, is believed to have been fatally injured with her own walking stick by a 37-year-old man, when she tried to intervene as he was killing Amy Appleton, 32. Daniel Appleton,has been charged with their murders.
- 23 December 20109: Frances Murray, 37, was found dead in Belfast with her partner Joseph Dutton, 47. AA5-year-old man has been charged with their murders.
- 25 December 2019: Vivienne Bryan, 74, was found dead in a house in Fairbourne, N.Wales. 75-year-old Thomas Bryan has been charged with her murder.
- 31 December 2019: cOOPER, 34, was found dead in her home in Redcar. Liam Murray, 27, has been charged wither murder.
- March 2019: A woman whose body was found in a stream in the Yorkshire Dales in 2004 was identified as Lamduan Seekanya/Armitage. She lived in the UK between 1991 and 2004. The exact cause of death has never been established as her soft tissue had started to disintegrate when she was found. Police are asking for information from anyone who knew her.
- 26 April 2019: Mihrican Mustapha, 38, was one of two women whose bodies were found in a freezer in East London. Mihrican had been reported missing by her family in May 2018. Zahid Younis, 35, of Newham, east London, is charged with two counts of preventing a lawful burial.
- 26 April 2019: Henriett Szuchs was one of two women whose bodies were found in a freezer in East London. Police were trying to establish whether she had been seen alive since a contact with someone in her native Hungary in 2016. Zahid Younis, 35, of Newham, east London, is charged with two counts of preventing a lawful burial.
- 12 July 2019: The remains of Brenda Venables in 1982, when she was 48-years-old were found in a sceptic tank. An 86-year-old man was held on suspicion of murder was been released while inquiries continue.
Waiting for further information regarding the deaths of Alem Shimeni, Tracey Walker, Janet Hoskins, Gemma Palmer, Annabelle Lancaster, Marie Gilmore, Debbie Twist, Amanda Gretton, Melanie Jane Spence, Donna Boden, and Sara Hopkins.
Please let me know if you have information regarding the deaths of these or any other women/girls (aged 13 and over) where a man/men is/are the primary suspects in the UK or UK women killed abroad in 2019.
Last updated 1 May 2020.
Pingback: Murders of women and girls are soaring â?" are we dismissing the danger of controlling men?
Pingback: A Recent Focus on Women and the Law | Max Planck Law %
Pingback: A medida que crecen los bloqueos de coronavirus, también lo hace la violencia doméstica – CRA Modas
a few more suggested additions for 2019
22 Mar 2019. Janette Dunbavand found shot dead, husband had shot himself. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-48108167
7 June 2019. Paige Gibson stabbed. 16 yr old boy given life for stabbing. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-50810803
19 Nov 2019. Alice McBlaine, 36. Struck by car. Two men charged with murder https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-50558217
27 Nov 2019. Katy Sprague, 51. Strangled. Zac Jackson, 36 charged with murder. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-50600986
15 Dec 2019. Marion Price, 63 found shot dead. Steven Welch, 60 has been charged.
18th Dec 2019. Unnamed woman. 17 yr old boy charged with her murder https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-50837091
23 Dec 2019. Kayleigh Dunning, 32. ( and a man, Joseph Dutton, was also found dead. ) Steven McBrine, 35 has been charged. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-50878717
25 Dec 2019 Vivienne Bryan, 74. Husband charged. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-50957912
26 Dec 2019 Joy Morgan . Shohfah-El Israel, 40 has been charged with murder, body not yet found https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-47400631
31 Dec 2019. Stacey Murray, 34. Liam Murray charged with murder. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-50970558
and possibly in July Tracey Walker, 40. Man and woman charged. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-50572237
thanks again. dinah
I’m a Scot currently living in Madrid, and I’ve been struck by how different the reporting is here on violence against women. Over the last four weeks, I’ve been watching the news with the subtitles on to improve my Spanish – I often saw the name of a woman, Dana Leonte.
I googled the case and found that Dana’s partner is serving time for her murder. But what struck me was a) how authorities responded and b) how the crime has been reported in the media. Dana went missing on 12 June aged 31, and her remains (only a thigh bone) were found in September. In the intervening time, the Guardia Civil mounted an extensive search, involving various specialist units. The search was highlighted on the news, and I felt in no doubt that authorities were taking the case seriously. Here’s the first thing – Dana was Romanian, an immigrant to Spain, and she reportedly had personal and professional debts exceeding €50000 – including unpaid salaries. Call me cynical, but if a Romanian immigrant went missing in the UK – one who owed money, no less – I think the search and the media reporting would have been very different.
Secondly, the Spanish authorities announced that Dana was the 46th woman to die as a result of male violence in 2019. In Spain, the Government Delegation for Gender Violence keeps a tally of this information. It also reported that “34 children have been orphaned as a result of these crimes – 265 since 2013”. They had a breakdown by region too.
My question is this – why is it up to you to keep count of women who die at the hands of men? If you weren’t doing this, would anyone know?!
Sorry for the huge post!
Well done Spain.
This isn’t an answer to your question but it’s one of the reasons that I do it, because no one else was and I think it’s important. I wish our media’s reporting of men’s fatal violence against women was more like it sounds to be in Spain.
Can you show me the list of women that have killed their children ? Women are number one in killing their own children 74% of the time and no i am not speaking of abortion .
Here you go https://kareningalasmith.com/2013/04/14/child-killers-2/
Another case here sadly, charged but pleading not guilty:
Males have murdered 21 women in the first three months of 2019 but as usual there is a deafening silence from the male politicians and mens’ malestream media. Instead the women-hating boys are hysterically claiming ‘knife crime is a moral panic issue!’ As if knives were inflicting death on innumerable ‘people’ who just happen to be males and the perpetrators are not knives but other males!
So therefore as usual male on male violence is the only real ‘moral panic’ but the women-hating boys are doing their utmost to deflect/hide sex of the male perpetrators!
Hi there, I have been making my own list and wanted to suggest a few additions to the above perhaps.
24 Jan. unnamed woman, 44 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-47009959
14 Feb Dorothy Bowyer, 77, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-47283965
?4 Mar. Laureline Garcia-Bertaux, 34, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47483188
4 Mar unnamed woman, 21 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-47417081
6 Mar. unnamed women. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-47470483
Thank you, as always for your dedication. Dinah
Hi, thanks for these, I didn’t have Dorothy Bowyer, the rest I did. I very rarely add women until there has been a charge.